Tuesday 21 August 2012

FOTD - Daytime Smoky Eye

Hey Everyone,

Time for another Face Of The Day.  This time I've gone for a neautral dewy face, smokey eye and a nude lip.

Here's my face:-


I have also taken a couple of close ups of my eyes for you to see them a bit better:-




I tried to group the products together to take a photo but also keep them seperate at the same time so I could easily explain what they are and what I used them for.  Sorry if it's a bit of a mess but this is a learning curve for me.


Starting in the top left corner I have the products used for my base.  In the little tube to the left is a tester pot of Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer in Dewy Finish used to prime my whole face.  Next to that is my current foundation of choice MAC's matchmaster in 1.5.  I used MUA Proffessional eye primer to prep my eyelids and Clinique Airbrush concealer in number 4 Neutral Fair to sort out under my eyes.

In the bottom left is my current powder fave. Chanel pressed powder in number 70 Almond.

In the top right are my face products.  For bronzer and contouring I used 17 Instant Glow Bronzing Pearls in Light followed by Natural Collection blusher in Peach Melba.  I used Collection 2000 blusher in number 4 Trouble as a highlighter on my cheek bones.

In the bottom right is the product I chose to give me a nude lip and that is collection 2000 cream puff matte lip cream in Powder Puff.

On to the products in the centre of the photo and going in order from top to bottom are the products I used to create my daytime smokey eye.  At the top in the pink tube is Rimmel Max Volume waterproof mascara in Black.  Under that is the Chanel sculpting brow pencil in number 51 Blond Clair.  Next to that is my liquid eyeliner of the moment Collection 2000 Extreme liquid liner in Black.  I chose not to go too dark with pencil liner so settled on a grey and for this I used collection 2000 khol pencil in number 3 Lovebird. 

The eyeshadow trio I used was a 17 trio in Smokey Quartz.  I applied the white colour on the inner third of my eyelid followed by the grey colour on the outer two thirds.  Along the crease line and the very outer corner of my eyes I used the black colour then used a blending brush all over to blend in any harsh lines.

That's it for face of the day.  I will work out a quicker and easier way of doing these but for now your just going to have to bare with me.

Speak soon
Natalie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment