Wednesday 15 August 2012

Kindle Purchases #1

Hey Everyone,

So when I wrote my first ever blog post I explained that this would mainly be about make-up and beauty but with other bits thrown in for good measure.  One of the other things I love other than make-up is reading.

Until the start of July I only ever read real life, hold in your hands, made of paper books but on July 5th when I turned 23 I was treated to a Kindle.  I wasn't sure I would like it at first but I have quickly fallen in love with it.

I will show you it some time along with a couple of cute little accessories I have for it but for now I thought I would do a quick blog post on my recent Kindle purchases.

Firsty I purchased the first three books in a series written by famous Chick-lit author Lindsey Kelk.  I heart New York, I heart Paris and I heart Hollywood.  I havn't read any of these yet but I am super excited to as I have heard some really good things about them.  There are more books in the series but I though I would start with these first.  The set of 3 kindle books cost £9.99.

The second book I purchased was Construct a couple by Talli Rowland.  This was a bargain at just 99p.  Its the follow on book from the amazing Build a Man and theres a third book due out in 2013.  I read this book in just under 2 days as I simply could not put it down and it was a very enjoyable, easy read.  While I was looking at books by Talli Rowland I also purchased another book of hers called Miracle at the Museum of broken hearts which I am yet to read but was also priced at just 99p.


The next two books I purchased were a series by Maria V Snyder.  Inside Out (£4.65) and Ourside In (£4.05).  These are dystopian novels so very similar to the likes of The Hunger Games series (I've read) and The Uglies series (Very popular but yet to make it onto my bookshelf).  I have heard of great things about these books so I am very excited to read them.  Will let you know what I think once I have finished.

Thats it for my Kindle purchases.  I do have a varied taste when it comes to books.  I love womens fiction from authors such as Jane Green, Sophie Kinsella and Cecelia Ahern, I enjoy murder and crime stories and books written by the likes of Martina Cole and I also like books very similar to Hunger Games where they are set in the future but not in a sci-fi futuristic sense of the word...No Star Trek for me thank you.

What sorts of books do you enjoy reading?  Do you have any suggestions for me?

Speak Soon
Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment