Friday 18 January 2013

NOTD - Leighton Denny - Honey Trap

Hello Everyone,

Another quick Nail of the Day post for you all.  This time I went for a nude as I have had quite dark heavy nails for the past week or so, I thought a nude would be a bit of a change.  I chose this teeny tiny bottle that I received in a glossy box sometime last year when I was a subscriber (I no longer am).  Its by Leighton Denny and the colour is called Honey Trap.







As you can see from the pictures it is a tiny 4.6ml sample bottle, I have used it about 8 times and I think I will probably get about one more use out of it.

The nail varnish as a whole I really like.  The formulation is pretty good and it is very easy to apply.  It took two coats to get the opacity I have on my nails shown in the pictures below and I used a bottom coat and a top coat.  Lasting power I'm not 100% sure, I have had it on for 2 days now and it still looks brand new so I am going to guess that you would get a minimum of five days wear with minimal signs of chipping or peeling.

Moving onto my thoughts on the colour, I will show you the pictures first.  I have taken two photos, one using the flash and one without so let me insert those now.



















Everytime I wear this nail varnish my thoughts on it change.  Sometimes I look at it and think I have found my perfect nude, other times I look at it and I can't wait to get home and take it off.  I am really really undecided about it.  As I am so undecided about it I don't think I will be purchasing the full size, I just don't think it's worth it if I am not 100% certain of the colour.

Let me know what your thoughts are, I think what it is about the colour is that I think in certain lights it just washes me out and makes my hand look dead (Couldn't think of a better word, sorry).

I am naturally blonde with fair skin, can anyone reccommend a nice everyday nude nail varnish, easy to apply with good formulation that I could try? Please someone help me find my perfect nude :)

Thanks for reading,

Speak Soon,
Natalie xxx



2 comments:

  1. I'm very pale... But have a fairly neutral skin tone. I love this honey trap shade as well as zero gravity and supermodel (both also by LD) but I'd try nails inc porchester sq cos that is a gorgeous nude and I think it's good on all kinds of skin tones xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you very much, I will look into all those shades, thanks again :) xxx

      Delete