Monday 28 April 2014

REVIEW:- Chanel Waterproof Long-lasting eyeliner in Gris



I was lucky enough to receive this eyeliner on Christmas morning when opening my presants.  When it comes to Chanel I am already a huge fan, I have an unhealthy amount of there nail varnishes, a few lipsticks, powder, blusher and mascara base but have never before tried an eyeliner.

It is there waterproof eyeliner pencil in the colour Gris which is number 35.


The colour Gris is a gorgeous mid-dark grey colour with a very delicate and subtle silver shimmer running through it.  For someone that normally sticks to black I was a little dubious about how I would get on with a grey but I actually prefer it.  It is still dark enough to really outline your eye and to make an impact but is still more subtle and not as harsh as a black.

It is the perfect colour to wear in the daytime without being to heavy and over powering but again is still dark enough to wear at night time with a dramatic eye shadow.  In the picture below the shimmer doesn't really show up which is on one hand a good think because it just goes to show how delicate and subtle it is but at the same time it would be nice if you could see it.  You can definitely appreciate it more in real life.


The pencil itself is a retractable one which is extremely handy as there is no need for sharpening.  Brilliant addition to your handbag make-up items and also a good option for travelling.  The pencil feels heavy but in a sturdy way not a bad way.



Application is incredibly easy.  Due to it being waterproof the pencil is quite firm which is good for applying it your waterline as as it is waterproof the colour sticks easily.  On the other  hand it is also soft enough for easy application to your upper lash line without dragging or pulling at the skin.

I apply this is in the morning before heading off to work and it is stays put all day until I decide to take it off in the evening.  Its especially good for this time of year with the unpredictable weather and would suit someone wanting to wear it to an emotional occasion for example a wedding where you are bound to shed a few tears.

It doesn't smudge unwanted under my eyes and just looks immaculate all day long.  A real plus as well for someone with oily skin and oily eyelids as even if i use this on my upper lash line I know it won't smudge or budge all day long.

There are a multitude of colours to choose from in this range, I have just been having a browse myself on the Boots website and they really have thought of everything from Black, nude and brown to the more adventurous colours like blue, green, purple and even red.

If your in the market for a new durable eye shadow pencil and don't mind spending a little more then I can not recommend this enough.

Thanks for reading,

Speak Soon,

Natalie xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment