Monday 4 February 2013

NOTD - Chanel - Blue Satin

Hi everyone,

Sorry I havn't blogged in a while, I have been caught up in my own little world  but after a HUGE realisation today..I am BACK so expect blogs more frequently.

Today I have a nail of the day post for you and this is a special one for me.

About 2 weeks ago Dan (My other half) gave me £20 and told me to treat myself to a nail varnish from the new Chanel spring collection.  I went to have a look and after nothing shouting at me I ended up purchasing a Nail Varnish from there regular line.  My colour of choice?...Blue Satin.


As you can see from the photo it is a gorgeous navy blue with fine silver shimmer running through it.



 
Formulation:- Again as with ALL Chanel NOTD posts I feel I am repeating myself.  The formulation is outstanding.  Not too thick and not too thin, the perfect consistency which makes it easy to apply and a dream to use.
 
Colour payoff:- Colour pay off is again brilliant.  One coat does the job and coats your nails but 2 coats really leaves your nails with a proffessional finish.  The colour in certain light can look a little on the black side but with a goregeous hint of navy blue.
 
Colour:- The colour is again gorgeous.  A true dark navy blue with fine hints of silver shimmer running through it.
 
Staying power:-  I actually didn't paint my nails that much this week so got to give the Chanel nail varnishes a true testing in the staying power stakes.  It lasted around 4 days before signs of the first chip and a full 6 days before almost every nail was chipped and I really needed to take it off.
 
Overall:- As always another gem by Chanel.  True quality and definatly worth the £18 price tag...I couldn't ask for more and can't wait to next add to my Chanel collection, next in line on my purchase wish list...Peridot.
 
Thanks for reading.
 
What are your favourite chanel nail varnishes?
 
Speak Soon,
Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment