Tuesday 8 January 2013

NOTD - OPI Linken Park After Dark


Hello everyone,

Just a quick post for you today to show you what I am currently wearing on my nails.  I have had this on for the past 2-3 days now and it is the OPI Linken Park After Dark.



I have wanted this colour for such a long time now and finally had it for Christmas off my Nan who buys the OPI polishes from her hairdressers....I have a very trendy Nan lol.  This nail polish came in a set that included another nail polish that I actually already have (An Affair In Red Square) and also a diamanté covered pen.  On a side note if anyone is interested in the colour I already have then your more than welcome to purchase it for £3 + £2 postage and packaging. Just let me know, first person to do so can have it.

I firstly applied a base coat, can't remember the exact one off the top of my head but I know it's a Sally Hanson one.  Then applied 2 coats of the OPI Nail polish and finished with the OPI Rapidry top coat.


In the bottle the shade looks like a gorgeous deep purple colour so I was left feeling a little disappointed when I finished painting my nails.  In all honesty it just looks black, no matter what light I look at it in it just is black in colour.

I am all for black nails, I have numerous ones, my favourite being Chanel Black Satin but when this colour is so pretty in the bottle I really wanted that to transfer onto my nails but unfortunately it doesn't :(

In terms of application it was brilliant.  Like all OPI polishes it applied easily and evenly and after 2 coats was solid opaqueness which is just what I was after.  It dried fairly quickly especially in conjunction with the OPI Rapidry top coat.

All in all this nail polish was a dream to apply, beautiful in the pot but that same colour just doesn't apply to the nail...it was simply too dark.  I love OPI and this certainly hasn't put me off but I'm just feeling a little let down by this particular colour.

Have you tried this colour? What were your thoughts?

Speak soon,
Natalie xxx

2 comments:

  1. Such a stunning deep colour! I love it :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, it is a gorgeous deep colour I just wish it looked the same on my nails as it does in the bottle!! :)

      Delete