Saturday 27 July 2013

Kindle Voucher Haul - #1

Hello Everyone,

As you probably now know as a reader of my blog it was my birthday 2 weeks ago.  I was very lucky to receive 2 x £25 Amazon Kindle Vouchers and I wanted to share with you what I bought.  This blog is predominantly beauty based but as the title suggests has some other things thrown in also so this blog post falls into that category.  If it doesn't interest you then just read no further.

For those it does interest this is part one of what I bought on my Kindle.  A majority of the books are from my favourite authors but some are from authors I have never read before.

 
Watching Willow Watts by Talli Roland - £.1.95
 
I absolutely LOVE Talli Roland.  I got into her when she wrote a book called Build A Man I instantly fell in love with her writing style.  She is witty, sharp, funny, emotional and an all round good read.  I find her books easy to read and get through them in just a couple of days.
 
For Willow Watts, life has settled into a predictably dull routine: days behind the counter at her father's antique shop and nights watching TV, as the pension-aged residents of Britain's Ugliest Village bed down for yet another early night.  But everything changes when a YouTube video of Willow's epically embarrassing Marilyn Monroe impersonation gets millions of hits after a viewer spots Marilyn's ghostly image in a frame.

Instantly, Willow's town is overrun with fans flocking to see the 'new Marilyn'. Egged on by the villagers -- whose shops and businesses are cashing in -- Willow embraces her new identity, dying her hair platinum and ramming herself full of cakes to achieve Marilyn's legendary curves.

But when a former flame returns seeking the old Willow, Willow must decide: can she risk her stardom and her village's newfound fortune on love, or is being Marilyn her ticket to happiness?
 

 
The Guest List - Melissa Hill - £6.49
 
This is one of the most expensive books I purchased because it is a new one.  I have put it into the favourite author category but really I have only read one of Melissa Hills books previously and that one was 'The Charm Bracelet'.  I read it in 2 days and instantly fell in love so am super excited to read this one.
 
When funny, kind and gorgeous Shane proposes, Cara is over the moon, and can't wait to share the news of their engagement with all their friends and family.

Excitement, however, quickly turns to apprehension when it seems that everyone has a fixed idea of the perfect wedding and offers to 'help' with the planning. With tussles over the ceremony and the size of the guest list, sibling rivalry and insistent in-laws-to-be, Cara can see her vision of the big day being ripped to shreds.

So she and Shane determine to make a stand and do things their way. But when they announce their plans for a beach wedding on a beautiful Caribbean island, there is uproar. Threats are made, family secrets are revealed, and things turn decidedly stormy.

Will Cara and Shane manage to overcome all obstacles? Or will their dream wedding turn into a nightmare?
 
 
The accidental Husband - Jane Green - £4.99
 
 Jane Green is one of my favourite authors, I have read every one of her books and first got into her when I was around 14 years old thanks to my mother.  My mum, her best friend, my friend and I all used to share her books and we are still all huge fans.  I can't wait to read the latest instalment of hers and am excited to find out she has another book due for release in October.
 
Jane Green's The Accidental Husband is a powerful story about two women connected by an earth-shattering secret.

Maggie and Sylvie are perfect strangers: two very different women, living very different lives on opposite coasts. But they share more in common than they could ever imagine.

Both women have beautiful children on the verge of flying the nest, the home they worked hard to build and always longed for, and a handsome and devoted husband they can't believe belongs to them. Both women think their lives are seamlessly secure, but they couldn't be more wrong . . .

For each is about to discover a secret that will shake their world to the very core, throwing into doubt everything they ever thought they knew, and bringing Maggie and Sylvie together in the most unexpected way.

 
I've Got your number - Sophie Kinsella - £3.32
 
Another of my favourite authors that I got into around the same time as I got into Jane Green.  She writes very witty and funny and is author of one my all time favourite series 'The shopaholic series'.  This is one of her stand alone books and I can't wait to get reading.
 
The only thing in the world I wasn't supposed to lose. My engagement ring. It's been in Magnus's family for three generations. And now, the very same day his parents are coming, I've lost it. The very same day. Do not hyperventilate, Poppy.

Stay positive!! :)

A couple of glasses of bubbly with the girls and Poppy's life has gone into meltdown. Not only has she lost her engagement ring, but in the panic that followed, she's lost her phone too. When she spots an abandoned phone in a bin it seems it was meant to be.Finders Keepers!

Except the phone's owner, elusive businessman Sam Roxton, doesn't agree. He wants his phone back, and doesn't appreciate Poppy reading all his messages and wading into his personal life. Can things get any more tangled?
 
 
Summer with my sister - Lucy Diamond - £2.99
 
Lucy Diamond is an author I have only got into recently, around Christmas time I read a book of hers called The Beach Café and loved it.  Then a couple of weeks ago I read Sweet Temptation and remembered just how much I loved her books.  I desperately wanted to purchase one of her books and settled on this one even though I could have quite easily have bought them all.
 
Polly has always been the high-flier of the family, with the glamorous city lifestyle to match. Clare is a single mum with two children, struggling to make ends meet in a ramshackle cottage. The two sisters are poles apart and barely on speaking terms. But then Polly’s fortunes change unexpectedly and her world comes crashing down. Left penniless and with nowhere else to go, she’s forced back to the village where she and Clare grew up, and the sisters find themselves living together for the first time in years. With an old flame reappearing for Polly, a blossoming new career for Clare and a long-buried family secret in the mix, sparks are sure to fly. Unless the two women have more in common than they first thought?

The wish list - Jane Costello - £3.66

Another of my favourite authors.  Her books are easy to read, funny, encapturing and as soon as I start reading them I am hooked.  I read Jane's books extremely quickly and once I've finished get a sinking feeling that it's over...they are that good.

There are six months left of Emma Reiss's twenties...and she has some unfinished business. Emma and her friends are about to turn thirty, and for Emma it's a defining moment. Defined, that is, by her having achieved none of the things she'd imagined she would. Her career is all wrong, her love life is a desert and that penthouse apartment she pictured herself in simply never materialised. Moreover, she's never jumped out of a plane, hasn't met the man she's going to marry, has never slept under the stars, or snogged anyone famous - just some of the aspirations on a list she and her friends compiled fifteen years ago. As an endless round of birthday parties sees Emma hurtle towards her own thirtieth, she sets about addressing these issues. But, as she discovers with hilarious consequences, some of them are trickier to tick off than she'd thought…

Amber Scott is starting over - Ruth Saberton - £4.99

I believe Ruth only has 3 or maybe 4 books out, I have read them all apart from this one and I can't wait to read it.  I have enjoyed all of her books so far and am desperate for her to bring out more. I can see me reading them for as long as she writes them.

Amber Scott loves her city life - a terrific job working on a glossy magazine, and a fiancé, Ed, she's known since Uni. Even if Ed doesn't take her job seriously (as a solicitor, he doesn't have much time for women's magazines!), it is Amber's dream job. So Ed's news that he has taken a job in the West Country turns Amber's world upside down. The new life in Cornwall does not get off to the best start. The huge house Ed was so keen on is, well, huge - what is Amber going to do with four acres? And do M&S make Aga-ready meals? And when a handsome, if surly, man leads the local hunt over her land, it's more than Amber can stand. So how is it that, before long Amber is friends with the local eccentric Lady of the Manor, making love potions at her mother's recommendation - and answering the door naked to strangers...?

That is it for part one.  I have part two coming for your shortly.  I know these blog posts don't interest everyone but I hope they will interest some of you.

Thanks for reading,

speak Soon,

Natalie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment