Sunday 23 June 2013

Review - Sleek Pomegranate Blusher

Hello Everyone,

Today I have for you a blusher review.  I won't ramble on too much I will just get straight into it.

Sleek is a brand I have only recently got in to.  I think its because it is only in Superdrug and Superdrug is not somewhere I venture very often, I tend to veer more towards Boots.  Anyway after a few recent Superdrug visits I have found a new love for Sleek and there blushers in in particular. (Also there pencil liners but more on those later).

So far they are the only two types of product I have tried from Sleek but so far so good and I already have a mini collection of each going on.

Today I am going to talk to you about a blusher in the shade Pomegranate.  It is more what I would class as a winter shade but with our summer not really happening here in the UK I decided I would tell you about it anyway.


 
The packaging is very compact, neat and tidy, the perfect addition to any make-up bag.  Each blusher comes in black casing (Reminds me of NARS and also has that easy to get dirty texture to it).  The product name and details can be found on the bottom of the packaging.
 
 

Inside the blusher takes up the bottom part of the package with a fairly decent sized mirror on the top, making it perfect for on the go touch ups.

When I first saw the colour I did panic a bit as it seemed very dark and I have fairly pale skin but looking at the rest of the Sleek blushers they all seem very dramatic in the pan.  (You will see what I mean when I show you some of my others).

From pan to skin is a very different story.  If applied carefully the colour shows true to pan but in a much more wearable way.

Pomegranate blush is exactly that.  A deep purple, red-toned colour that is what I would describe as my perfect winter shade but that is also getting a lot of wear during these summer months.  It's matte so there is no shimmer in it which makes it perfect for me (I personally don't like the whole glitter ball cheek look).

I used a prestige contour blush brush and tapped the brush into the blush to get just the right amount of product on to it.  I put the majority on the apple of my cheeks and then blend out along my cheekbones.  It leaves me with a very lovely berry toned hue to my cheeks.

The blusher lasts all day which is something that really impressed me from the super purse friendly line.  I applied it in the morning around 7.30am before setting off to work.  The colour lasts all day though the intensity of the colour does fade towards the end of the day but is still noticeably there.

Overall I am a huge newly converted fan of Sleek blushers and cannot wait to add more to my collection.

You can pick these up from Superdrug and the Sleek website for £4.49 each.

Thanks for reading

Speak Soon,

Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment