Friday 17 August 2012

What's in my make-up bag?

Hello everyone,

I, like many other beauty bloggers, tend to have a very mad obsession with make-up and tend to have alot more than I really should.  While most of it is stored in my make-up drawers (One day I will do a make-up storage blog post) there is a small part that is kept in a make-up bag.  The make-up bag is not massive but not small either and I keep things in there that are my go-to products. If I wake up and just want to apply a nice simple face of make-up with products I know work well for me and my skin I just simply grab my make-up bag, If i'm staying at a friends over night it tends to be my make-up bag I take instead of anything else so I thought it would be good to show you what I keep in there.

Now without waffling on too much lets just get started.  Firstly this is my current make-up bag.  It's a very shabby chic floral patterned design.  I picked this up a couple of months ago from my local Superdrug for around £3.99.

The photo below is with the make-up bag empty and with all the contents surrounding it but I will divide the products up into different catagories and take other photos so it may look a bit confusing in this photo but it will get explained better.


Now on to the base.  These are my favourite products for creating a base for my face.


To the left is MAC matchmaster foundation.  This is a medium coverage foundation but is buildable if you want a fuller coverage.  Another benefit to this foundation is it comes with an SPF 15 so perfect for daytime wear.  I use colour 1.5.  Next to that is a sample size of Benefits The Porefessional primer which I obviously use before the MAC foundation, I do have a full size of this in my make-up collection but this little travel size is ideal for my make-up bag.  Then my two concealers of choice are Collection 2000 Lasting perfection concealer in number 1 fair which is my favourite concealer for any blemishes and Clinique Airbrush concealer in number 4 Neutral fair for under my eyes.

Moving on to face products.
My bronzer of choice is a cheap option but one I always find myself returning to.  Its the 2true bronzer in number 1 and as you can see from the photo I have hit pan so that just goes to show how much I use this bronzer.  My blusher of choice is Bourjois in Rose Dor which is a gorgeous pink colour with some gold shimmer running through which doesn't show up a huge amount on the skin which is good for me as I can't stand having too much shimmer on my face.

Next on to the eyes:-

Starting on the left is a gorgeous little eyeshadow duo by Clinique in Vintage Rose.  It has two of the most perfect every day colours in imaginable.  The darkest is a matte deep rose colour and the second is a gorgeous pink toned shimmery champagne colour.  Next to that is MAC eyeshadow in All That Glitters.   The back two items are a collection 2000 liquid eyeliner in Brown and MUA Professional eye primer (Seriously cheap but so good I would say it was compariable to Urban Decay Primer Potion).  The products to the left are a little difficult to work out in the picture but they are as follows:- Chanel Eyebrow Sculpting pencil in 51 Blond Clair, Maybelline Eyeliner in Black, Collection 2000 Extreme liquid liner in Black and a mascara which has all rubbed off but I believe is from Collection2000.

Now my lips:-

The lipgloss in this picture is Barry M number 11.  A subtle Coral shade which is perfect for everyday wear.  I do have a second lip gloss of choice also by Barry M which is number 4 but I didn't have this to hand to take a photo of as it is normally kept in my handbag.  The lip pencil I tend to keep in my make-up bag incase I need it but it doesn't get  used very often and is by the organic cosmetic brand Inika.

Finally on to the brushes:-

In my make-up bag I just keep a small collection of 4 brushes.  Starting to the right is a small Kabuki brush from Prestige, perfect for applying face powder or bronzer.  To the right and starting at the top is a simple foundation brush from Sephora which I picked up when I was in Milan earlier this year.  Under that is a basic small eyeshadow brush by Cecelia Bertwell which you can get from Boots and finally at the bottom is a blusher brush again by Prestige.

Thats it for whats in my make-up bag.  Just a simple collection of make-up to create the perfect simple every day face.  What must have products do you keep in your every day make-up bag?

Speak soon
Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment