Friday 23 August 2013

REVIEW - Laura Mercier Body Souffle - Creme Brulee

 
Laura Mercier - Crème Brulee Body soufflé - £43.50 - Here.
 
 
I don’t even know where to start with this product...i am warning you now this is a rave post as I have simply fallen in love with this product and don’t ever want to be without it.
 
This is a product that has been on my wish list for quite some time but have been unable to justify parting with the cash for something as insignificant as a body butter…insignificant, yeah right…my skin has never felt so good.
 
On a recent trip to London (I say recent but it was almost 2 months ago now) I was wandering around the Harrods beauty department, boyfriend in tow and a lot of hard earned saved cash in my pocket as well as some birthday money when I saw the recognizable name Laura Mercier shouting out to me.  I beelined for the counter and was greeted with a vast array of the body butters and I remembered a certain something that has been taking up the number 1 spot on my wish list for quite some time.
 
After twenty minutes standing there sniffing them each in turn and also getting Dan’s opinion I ended up parting with the £43.50 to own a jar of the crème brulee and off I went with a very big smile on my face.
 
Firstly the box is cute, a very simple gold design with the laura mercier logo on one side.  Inside is the very classic designed jar holding the product.  It is a solid glass jar so feels very luxurious and solid in a gorgeous square design that reminds me of something from an apothecary table.  The jar then has a silver lid on and a sticker on one side again with the laura mercier logo and product name.
 
 
 
When you remove the lid you then have to take away the plastic covering:- I always put this back on once I have finished with the product…not sure if that is the done thing?
 
Then your greeted with the product itself.  Firstly the smell…seriously good, I am surprised I havn’t eaten the stuff.  It smells sweet and yummy and very much like crème brulee.  It has the right amount of sweetness without being too sickly.  The consistency of the product is really thick and creamy and is very true to the body butter forte.  I normally scoop out as much as I think I need and slather it on.
 
It blends into the skin really really nicely, spreads easily and sinks in beautifully.  It doesn’t leave a greasiness in the horrible sense of the word but it does leave a film to the skin but from a person who can’t stand residuey skin I don’t mind it at all.  It leaves my skin looking really healthy.
 
The scent lingers on the skin fro ages.  I put it on when I get out the bath in the evening and I still have comments on how my skin smells the next day when I get to work and that is after an evening in bed.
 
 
 
My skin is left feeling healthy and moisturised with the right amount of nourishment, just really looked after.
 
Even my boyfriend comments on how good I feel and smell and that’s not something he normally picks up on as he is very much a mans man and is into all things sports and motor-bike related.
 
When purchasing this I really couldn’t decide between this and the pistachio one and after much deliberation and the opinion of Dan I settled on this one but I can see it won’t be long before I cave in and purchase the pistachio one also.  A lot of money for a body butter? Yes, worth it? Yes a thousand times over.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Speak Soon,
 
Natalie xxx
 
 

1 comment:

  1. MMMMMM This sounds like an absolute dream! The only thing that puts me off is the price tag! But you're selling it to me haha!

    Rosie xo
    rosiemickhaiel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete