Monday 5 August 2013

REVIEW:- MUA Undress Your skin Foundation

Hello Everyone,



I have a foundation review for you today from a very purse friendly brand that's very well know amongst us beauty bloggers...MUA.  MUA stands for make-up academy and this brand started out as a £1 brand in drugstore shop Superdrug.

MUA started out in Superdrug with a small but decent sized selection of products for just £1.  Everything was £1.  After the success of this £1 line they branched out with further ranges of products for slightly more money but still exceptionally cheap and purse friendly.

I feel there products can be a little hit or miss and to be honest I wasn't expecting much from this first foundation of theres I have tried but I couldn't be more shocked at the success of it.

The Undress your skin foundation cost just £5.Its aimed at leaving you with a natural radiant complexion and suitable for all skin types.  The coverage claims to be medium-full.  Here is the blurb on the MUA internet site about this product:-

Undress your Skin Illuminating Foundation offers a medium to full coverage and is suitable for any skin type. It gives your skin an even-toned glow and visibly gives a soft healthy radiant finish, the formula contains light-diffusing particles leaving your skin feeling refreshed and luminous all day.

The shade range isn't brilliant with only 3 shades to choose from but luckily for me the shade Beige suited me down to the ground.



I applied this in the morning at around 7 o clock and as I was applying was instantly shocked at the amount of coverage this foundation gave.  For £5 I wasn't expecting much but it glided on smoothly using my fingers and blended nicely again using my fingers.  I have also applied this using a foundation brush and again it applied evenly and blended nicely.



I was shocked at the amount of coverage this foundation gave and was surprised at how little concealer was needed after.  I dotted a little concealer on a couple of active blemishes and some radiance boosting concealer under my eyes and the coverage was flawless.



I applied some powder on top as I always do to set my foundation and then carried on with the rest of my make-up routine.  Once application was completed I felt really happy with the finished look of my face and you could never tell I was using such a cheap/ purse friendly foundation.



Now to put it to the test...going to work.

This foundation over the two weeks I have been using it really got put to the test.  It endured days at work, days off, extreme heat, rain downpours and on one day a fair amount of crying due to some sad family news.  At the end of every day at around 7pm when it came to make-up taking off time after 12 continuous hours of wear without the need for any touch ups I was always shocked at how well my make-up had lasted throughout the day.  Seriously impressed.

I have been wearing the foundation for 2 weeks now as I always do when I get a new foundation as I like to give it a thorough testing in all kinds of situations and days etc.  After two weeks of wear it has not broke me out in spots or any other skin abnormalities so a real bonus for such a heavy duty foundation.

All in all a great foundation and a product that I will definitely be re-purchasing when this runs out.

Thanks for reading,

Speak Soon,

Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment