Monday 3 September 2012

40 Questions Beauty Tag

Hi Everyone,

It was Sunday yesterday and so you may have noticed there was no Sunday Pamper blog post.  I didn't end up having a pamper evening last night as we ended up going out and didn't get back until just before the #bblogger chat started on Twitter which I had been looking forward to participating in all week.  If I have a pamper another night in the week then I will post a blog about it, if not then it will have to wait until next week i'm afraid.

Moving on to what this blog is actually about...I saw this Tag on Beginners Beauty Blog. I am going to give it a go and I tag all of you to do the same.  Leave me your links in the comments below to your questions and answers as I would love to check them out.

Now onto the questions (I noticed there were 41 not 40 but that doesnt really matter)...

Skincare
 
1. How many times do you wash your face daily?
I wash my face twice a day.  Once in the morning, once in the evening.
 
2. What skin type do you have?
I have oily skin.  It gets more oily on my forehead and nose but it tends to be oily all over, just more so in those areas.  I have found a skincare routine and make-up products that work for me and combat the oilyness though.
 
3. What is your current facial wash?
I am currently using 2.  In the morning I use the Clinique rinse off foaming face wash and in the evenings I use the very well known Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish.
 
4. Do you exfoliate?
Yes I do.  I always do it at least once a week to remove any dead skin cells etc but if my skin is looking a little dull or could do with a lift then I do it more often as needed.
 
5. What moisturizer do you use?
Again for this I use two.  In the morning I always use my Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturizer for combination/ oily skin.  In the evenings I use a night cream and my favourite for that at the moment is the Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream.
 
Do you have freckles?
No I don't.
 
Do you use eye cream?
Yes, morning and night.  I am currently using Dr.Nick Lowe Dark Circle Correcting eye cream.
 
Did you or do you have acne prone skin?
When I was 12 I suffered with acne (It wasn't severe though) for about a year - a year and a half.  My skin has cleared up now and I only get spots around that time of the month and even then it is only one or two.
 
Have you ever used Pro-Activ?
Nope.
 
Make-Up
 
What foundation do you use?
It varied as I have quite a few in my collection but if I had to pick my favourite, my go-to, the one that gets used most often it would have to be MAC Match Master foundation with SPF 15.
 
What concealer do you use?
Again I have quite a few but the ones that get used most often are my Collection2000 Lasting Perfection concealer for any blemishes and my Clinique Air Brush Concealer for under my eyes.
 
Do you know your undertone colour?
I would say pink undertones.
 
What do you think of fake eyelashes?
I don't use them on a daily basis, I rarely use them on a night out even but when I do I don't like them to look too fake, I prefer them to just accentuate my natural lashes.
 
Did you know your supposed to change your mascara every three months?
Yes I do know this but I'm not very good at doing it.  The way I see it I don't use the same mascara every day, I rarely even use the same mascara twice in one week so it doesn't get three months worth of use so I don't have to throw them out.  I also don't share mascara, it's only me that uses it.
 
What brand of mascara do you use?
It varies.  I have quite a collection so it can change on a daily basis.  My current favourite is Maybelline.
 
Sephora or MAC?
MAC for me.  Sephora isn't easily accessible to me though.
 
Do you have a MAC Pro card?
Nope.
 
What make-up tools do you use for application?
This Varies...Hands, Brushes, Sponges, cotton buds etc.
 
Do you use a primer on your eyes?
YES YES YES!!! I have greasy eyelids so without primer my eyeshadow lasts for about 2 hours tops before it settles into the creases of my eyelids.  Primer is a MUST for me.
 
Do you use a primer on your face?
Yes I do but not every day, it all depends on the make-up I'm wearing, what I'm doing that day etc.
 
what is your favourite eye shadow?
Again this changes on such a regular basis.  I rarely do the same eye look two days in a row but if I was going for an easy to wear every day look then I would have to say MAC All that Glitters and Chanel Vega.
 
Do you use pencil or liquid liner?
Both.  Liquid along my upper lash line and pencil along the bottom.
 
What do you think of pigment eyeshadows?
I would love to love them but I just can't seem to get on with them.  Maybe I need to do some more youtube and blog research for some tips and tricks.
 
Do you use mineral make-up?
Sometimes.
 
What is your favourite lipstick?
Tricky one for me...Either Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop or MUA Shade 3 or Chanel Buoy.
 
Favourite Lipgloss?
Without a doubt the Barry M Shade 4.
 
What is your favourite blush?
Another difficult one for me...the ones I have been using most this past month are both Natural Collection, Peach Melba and Pink Cloud.
 
Do you buy make-up on E-Bay?
Sometimes, I prefer to go into the shop and test it out and look at it before I buy.  If I do buy on E-Bay I always do my research first and buy from a reputable seller.
 
Do you use drugstore make-up?
Yes.  I have mixed bag of drugstore and high end make-up but the majority is drugstore, mainly Boots because then I can collect points aswell.
 
Do you go to CCO's? (Cosmetic Company Outlets)
No, I don't think there are any near me.
 
Have you ever considered taking a make-up class?
No.  What I need to know I learn from other blogs, watching Youtube videos or just googling.
 
Are you clumsy when applying make-up?
I try not to be.  I can have my moments though.
 
Name a make-up crime hate!
Too much fake tan. OR sleeping with your make-up on (we all do it at times I'm sure but we really shouldn't)
 
Do you prefer colourful make-up or neutral shades?
I like to mix it up. Some days I go for colourful, more bold options but other days I like to keep it neutral.
 
Which celebrity always has good make-up?
Ferne Cotton always has good make-up if you like it with a more edgy kind of feel, though she does rock a neutral face to. Jennifer Aniston in my eyes always has a very subtle classy look to her make-up.
 
If you could leave the house using only one make-up item what would it be?
I would probably have to say a really good pencil eyeliner.  You could create a smudgy eye shadow effect with it aswell as using it to line your lower and upper lash line.
 
Could you leave the house without any make-up on?
Yes. I don't do it often as I only leave the house if I am going somewhere or seeing people but yes I can and I do.
 
Do you think you look good without any make-up on?
Hmmmm...I'm not sure.  I prefer myself with make-up on and I feel alot more confident with make-up on but I don't feel drastically awful without any make-up on.
 
In your opinion what make-up line is best?
I can't answer this, it's just too difficult.  Different brands are good for different things.  I love Natural Collection blushers aswell as Fashionista.  Maybelline mascaras are brilliant but then I also like Yves Rocha and Chanel.  Bourjois do fantastic foundations, so do MAC and Chanel.  Eyeshadows is too difficult, I love 17, Chanel, MAC, Urban Decay...the list goes on.  Collection2000 are great for eye liners, lipsticks and lip glosses.  Barry M for nail varnishes and lipsticks.  I love so many brands and all for different reasons and different products.
 
What do you think of make-up?
It's like wearable art.  It can make someone look and feel completly different to when they don't wear any.  It can give you confidence that you may not have without it.  I personally love make-up but I don't let it be the be all and end all.  No matter how much I love it, at the end of the day it is just make-up.
 
Thats the end.  Thanks for reading everyone.  I tag you all and don't forget to leave your blog links below if you take part so I can check out your answers.
 
Speak Soon,
Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment