Saturday 1 September 2012

August Favourites 2012

Hey Everyone,

Can you believe its September already? This year is flying by in lightening speed, just 3 months until the month of Christmas!!!!  As it is the end of one month and the start of another its the time for some monthly blogs, over the next few days you will be seeing my monthly wishlist, monthly to be read pile (I'm not just a beauty blog) and some others but firstly my monthly favourites for last month...August.

I have quite a few favourites this month, the products I have chosen are ones that I have used on a near daily basis.  With the make-up items I wanted to take loads of photos to show you different aspects of each product but didn't want this blog post to be super super long because of photos so I have tried something a bit different, if it works then great but if your not keen I will try something else next month.

I have split the products into catagories so its easier to follow and understand.  I hope you enjoy.

Hair
 
Two hair products I have been loving this month.  The one on the left is one I use when I am having my hair straight.  This is a sample I got in a Glossybox.  Its Paul Mitchell Awapuhi wild ginger styling treatment oil.  It smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling super silky soft. 
The product to the right is for when I curl or wave my hair.  Its a TIGI Rockaholic hairspray named Fun Times and just works wanders on my hair.  It keeps the curls in place ALL day without leaving my hair feeling rigid and crispy.  Big thumbs up from me.  I picked this up at my hair dressers but will be buying the bigger size next time.
 
Skincare
 
When it comes to skincare I don't often try new things.  Once I have found products I like and that work for me I'm a stickler for staying put with those products but recently over the past couple of months I have noticed my skin changing so thought it was about time my skin care routine changed aswell.  I picked these up from my local Boots one day and have used them every day since and have really taken to them.  The big green bottle is a toner.  Garnier Fresh Essentials with grape extract for normal/ combination skin.  The product on the right is an eye cream.  Dr.Nick Lowe dark circle correcting eye cream.  My skin has been loving these this month.
 
Body and hands.
 
I picked these body butters up in my local InExcess store for a bargain at just £1.00 each.  After looking on the I love Cosmetics website you can normally purchase these (and many other products and scents) from Superdrug.  The scents I have and am loving are Tropical Paradise, a gorgeous summery scent that just reminds me of summer holidays and Strawberries and milkshake which is a really creamy strawberry scent. mmmmm.  I will be on the hunt for more of these and some other products in the range.
 
 
For hands and nails I have four products to share with you.  Starting at the left is the Bourjois 1 second nail varnish remover. I won't go into too much detail about this as I have a review going up in the next couple of days.  The next product is Soap & Glory Hand Food.  Its from the range of products that all share the same scent (e.g The Righteous Butter).  A really girly summery scent and this leaves my hands feeling super soft and nourished.
Two nail varnishes I have been loving this month.  The first one is a gorgeous colour for summer.  Its a Maxfactor Max effect nail varnish in number 9 Diva Coral. I recently purchased a coral blouse and this goes perfectly with it.  It looks gorgeous on both fingers and toes, a real winner for me.  The second polish is a Barry M Magnetic varnish in Magnetic violet.  A lovely colour and I love the effect.  I have used this a few times over August and has really been a go-to polish for me but I can see it getting used to death in winter as the colour is a bit dark for summer.
 
Make-Up
The catagory of favourites with the most in.  There are five make-up products that I have been loving this month and practically using on a daily basis. First up liquid eyeliner.  I wear liquid liner every day and since I purchased this at the end of July this is the one I have been going to every single day.  Its easy to apply, lasts all day and looks just as good at the end of the day as when I applied it that morning.
It's the Collection2000 Extreme 24hour felt tip liquid liner and an absolute favourite of mine.  I think this was about £3.99 from Boots.
 
I have two eyeshadows from the 17 Metallic Eyes Collection.  These are creamy individual eyeshadows all in metallic colours.  I think there are 6 colours in total of which I have two.  They are gorgeous on there own or blended with other colours to create a really pretty eye.
 
This is Wild Purple, a gorgeous lilac purple with undertones of silver.
 
This is Wild Green.  A gorgeous sage green colour with undertones of gold.  You can pick these up from Boots for £3.99.
 
Finally I have two blushers to show you.  I have used other blushers throughout August but these two have been used the most by far.  There both by Natural Collection and super cheap and purse friendly.
 
This is Pink Cloud.  A beautiful rosey baby pink colour that I have been wearing with a more subtle, girly, natural face.
 
This one is Peach Melba which I have been using with a more heavier eye make-up look.  They are super cheap at only £1.99 each from Boots.  The colour pay off is exceptional for such a cheap blusher and it blends beautifully.  They don't last ALL day which is the one downside but do last longer if a fixing spray is used.
 
That's all for my monthly favourites.  I hope you enjoyed and have seen some ideas.
 
Speak Soon,
Natalie xxx


1 comment:

  1. hey hon great post love looking at peoples facourites, I put mine up today too! xxx

    http://makeupbeautyshopping.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete