Sunday 14 July 2013

What I did for my birthday - 2013

Hello Everyone,

Last Friday, 5th July 2013, said goodbye to being 23 and hello to being 24...it was my birthday.  I had the Friday and the following Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off work and had the most wonderful time.  In this blog post I will be telling you all about what I did over my birthday and the weekend and have lots of photos to show you.  I will be doing another blog post on what I did on the days after the weekend as we went to a gorgeous little village and I have many more photos to show you so thought it would be much better if I split them up into two blog posts.

Friday morning I awoke to opening presents which I have blogged about previously and a home decorated chocolate fudge cake.

 
Dan decorated this himself using LOTS of chocolates:- Cadbury Giant Button, Cadbury Nibbles, Cadbury Bits of Twirl, Cadbury Bits of Wispa and Malteasers.  It was very yummy, very chocolaty and very sickly lol.

We went for a late breakfast/ early lunch to one of my favourite places near to our house and I had the same thing I have every time we go there, a gingerbread latte and eggs benedict with smoked salmon.

 
We went to visit my Nanny who lives in Sandbanks (A beautiful part of the country...Google it for some much better photographs)

 
After spending a couple of hours with her we went to a place that I have heard loads about and have being dying to visit.  It was called Mollys Den and is full of everything from reclaimed furniture, vintage clothing, vintage jewellery, home made accessories, mirrors, wall art and so much more.
I ended up buying some beautiful bunting and a stamp from my birthday just with a different year. The bunting is striped pink, green and blue and covered in roses.

The stamp was released on 5th July 1973 and was inauguration of the isle of man.  I don't really know why I got it, it just seemed such a coincidence to have my birthday on it and for me to find it on my birthday also.

 
In the evening we went for dinner with my parents and I took the opportunity to wear some make-up bits that I had been saving especially for the occasion.

On the Saturday we travelled to London to do some shopping, after spending much of Saturday afternoon in Selfridges we then visited the tower of London as it was just around the corner from our hotel.

 
I saw this guard and couldn't resist taking a photo.  Its so English and I never really understood how lucky I am to be a part of the English Heritage.
I thought this photo was beautiful, again very quintessential England, this was inside the tower of London area and just seemed a world away from the hustle and bustle outside.
We then went into see the crown jewels.  We weren't allowed to take any photos of it so this is just the entrance for you.

 
A closer picture of Tower Bridge for you.

 
Wandering around the streets of London I kept seeing gorgeous bits of buildings.  The architecture in London is just incredible.

 
We stayed in the most luxurious hotel which had a roof top bar so after a bit of sight-seeing we went for a drink to take in the view...incredible.

 
In the evening we went to Jamie Olivers restaurant Barbacoa for dinner.  I didn't take many pictures there as it was a lovely relaxing time for me and Dan to enjoy some time together.  The food was incredible and I would highly recommend paying the rather large prices...it was most definitely worth it.
 
On the Sunday I again didn't take many photos as we were too busy shopping in the likes of Harrods and Harvey Nichols.  I had a wonderful couple of days and didn't want to come home.
 
I will write a separate blog post on what we did for the next few days.
 
Thanks for reading,
 
Speak Soon,
 
Natalie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment